TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Seventh-ranked Alabama soccer opened the 2023 marketing campaign with a 2-0 victory over DePaul on Thursday night time.
The Crimson Tide noticed targets from Gianna Paul (4:57) and Itala Gemelli (43:26) within the win. With the victory, UA prolonged its house successful streak to an NCAA-leading 21 straight video games.
From Head Coach Wes Hart
“It was a win, so we will definitely take it. I used to be happy. We’re nonetheless studying and attempting to determine who we’re, however I assumed we noticed some good moments. It was superior to get an early objective, after which to finish the half with a objective. I assumed it was nice. I assumed our greatest stretch of the sport was early within the second half. We have been throughout. I believe if we might have gotten a objective there, in all probability the floodgates would’ve opened. Credit score to DePaul, their keeper made some huge saves they usually hung robust and made it arduous for us. General, I am happy we obtained the win.”
- Whereas on Alabama’s defensive aspect of the sector, Tanna Sanchez-Carreto handed the ball by the DPU protection for Gianna Paul to run onto
- Paul then lower the ball to her proper foot on the prime of the field earlier than firing it into the left nook to place UA on the scoreboard simply 5 minutes into the sport
- Regardless of dominating possession, UA didn’t discover its second objective till the forty fourth minute
- Nadia Ramanda performed a ball to Isabel Smith simply outdoors the field, who discovered Itala Gemelli racing in the direction of web
- Gemelli took just a few touches then fired the ball together with her left foot previous the DePaul goalkeeper
- The Crimson Tide outshot the Blue Demons 21-4 and led 8-1 in pictures on objective
- Dylan Pixton registered her first save in a UA uniform whereas the Blue Demons’ Elena Milam recorded six saves
Alabama faces the College of Alabama at Birmingham on Sunday at 7 p.m. ET on the highway. The match might be televised on ESPN+.